Sunday 6 November 2016

What I'm reading: Rapunzel

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading Rapunzel by Rachel Isadora. I have always enjoyed reading fairy tales especially when they are retold in different settings. Last year, I went to a theatre show in East London with my family and we enjoyed watching the performance of several stories from the Brothers Grimm's fairy-tale collection. Fairy tales can be quite dark and enjoyed by adults as well as children.

Not only is Rapunzel by Rachel Isadora bursting with colourful collages that reflect African culture, it also ties in really well with our other book that we have been reading in Year 3, The Village of Square and Round Houses.

What is your favourite Rachel Isadora book and why?
How are Brothers Grimm's fairy tales different to classic stories?

7 comments:

  1. ilike rapunzel because they have friends and love ech other

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite Rachel lsadora story is hansel and gretel because there stepmother sent them away in the forest and then there was a wicked old wich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite book she has written is Hansel and Gretel because they went out into the forest.It is different from the original version because they used African foods instead of candy which I din't like because I love candy and I eat it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sami and jahvon 3 red and 4 red4:09 pm, November 09, 2016

    My favourite home story is frankly' s magic football because. It is about a boy who goes on an adventure to help the Brazilians to win the World Cup. My favourite school story is the hornted house on buffin street. Because there's people that whant to move to a house with a garden.
    But someone called honey has a gang that makes the house hornted. But the people ran out of the house screaming that's an hornted house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite home story is horrid Henry because something happens. In every story but my favourite school is the no'1 car spotter because he learns something noo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite Rachel isadora book is also hansel and gretel because I liked when there was a sweet house because it made me feel so hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourite Rachel Isadora book is Hansel and Gretel because I like the collages.

    ReplyDelete