Wednesday 28 September 2016

Black authors: Crystal Swain-Bates

Reading is a great way to relax and unwind. During lunchtime, I love sitting on cosy cushions in my book corner, putting my feet up and reading a nice short story. A book I recently read was Big Hair, Don’t Care! by Crystal Swain-Bates. The book is about a little girl called Lola with a really big 'curly afro', who tells everyone just how much she loves her hair.  I particularly enjoy this story because it is a nice reminder that it’s okay to look different and that ‘kinky, coily, curly hair’ is great fun too!

What books make you smile?

What book have you read recently that teaches you something? 

What book do you think I should read during my lunchtime next? And why?

11 comments:

  1. The book that make me smile is the book with no pictures because it is funny and it has silly were s

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book that makes me smile is Tom thumb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a book called I love my hair and I realy enjoy it because it reminds me of myself and my dad said that any time he looks at the book he says its like me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book that makes me smile is a book called murder most unlady like



















    ReplyDelete
  5. The book that makes me smilie the most is Ellmer

    ReplyDelete
  6. the book that makes me smile is the gruffalo and fairy tales.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a book called I love my hair and it reminds me of my hair and how my mum and I love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. What book that makes me smile is big hair and I don't care because it has lots of cool hair styles like braids and buns and twists.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book that teaches me something is good dog lion because whenever I see a dog I always say "it looks so cute and I want it to be perfect" but I realized that it doesnt matter if they lose a leg at least they are alive and if I have one if it even happens the same I'm still gonna look after it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book called my funny family saves the day. I like this book because it funny and it reminded me of my family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The book that makes me smile is Cinderella because it teaches me that even though you look doesn't mean you have to be evil.

    ReplyDelete