Wednesday 12 October 2016

What I'm reading: The White Giraffe Series

I’m currently reading The White Giraffe series by Lauren St. John. Based in South Africa, these books tell the tale of courageous young Martine. Throughout the five-part sequence, she is faced with many exciting experiences and challenges, including meeting a great variety of wild African animals.

In this third book, The Last Leopard, Martine travels to Zimbabwe with her friend Ben. When they uncover a plot in which the fate of a magnificent leopard and the lost treasure of an African King are mysteriously linked, their friendship faces its greatest test. Martine and Ben must use every skill they possess to save the magical beast – and each other.

This adventure story has the style of a traditional fable with an African twist. Lauren St. John, who grew up in Zimbabwe herself, has captured the country’s blend of danger and appeal! What especially interests me in this story is learning about these rare animals and how the protagonist, Martine, bravely stands up for her beliefs against all adversity!

What books have you read that involved a strong friendship between two characters which helps them to achieve their goal?

Which wild animals would you like to meet in Africa? Why and what do you know about them?

8 comments:

  1. i know two siblings who are in johanesburg who would do anything to save their little sister they are called naledi and tiro

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'v also read a book called journey to Jo burg by Beverly Naidoo and it has two children called Naledi and Tiro and there bay sister Dineo is sick and they need to find their Mma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to meet the cheatah because I want to know how fast it can run comperd to the other animals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miss ffrench, if I went to Africa I would like to see a lion because I was lucky enough to see a tiger at London Zoo and it was incredible. I would also like to see a giraffe and find out if it is as tall in real life as it looks in pictures. Finally I would like to see a monkey because it an amazing agile acrobat that swings and jumps in the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi miss ffrench again when we went on the trip yesterday I saw so of the animals that if I went to Africa I would like to see I saw a lion,monkey,giraffe as well and I saw a lot more like a tautly to it saw so fun to go and see a lot of animal it was so great

      Delete
  5. If I went to South Africa l would like to see a cheer because I have not seen any before

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thing I like about South Africa is it has lost of my favourite animals like a monkey and a giraffe because a giraffe is the longest mammal. My best animal has to be a Rhone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If i went to Africa I would like to see a lion

    ReplyDelete