Saturday 1 October 2016

Black authors: Benjamin Zephaniah

I love to read. Every spare second I get - sitting for the bus, walking to school, waiting for the microwave to ping - I spend with my nose in a book, a newspaper or staring at an article on a screen. I mainly read non-fiction but whenever I start to read a fictional book I cannot put it down.

I recently found the book Talking Turkeys by Benjamin Zephaniah. Its a book of short poems, which is perfect to dip in and out of when I have a few moments spare. I love Benjamin Zephaniah's writing: he speaks so clearly but so imaginatively and he says things that I really resonate with. If you'd like to read this book too, you can find it on the book display in the middle classroom in Year 6. Have a look!

"Rap comes from the oral tradition. The oral tradition gives voice to those who would've otherwise been voiceless."

3 comments:

  1. I like to read as well it's the best because it helps you more with your learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read as well it's the best because it helps you more with your learning with your english.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read Benjamin Zephanaih books because it makes you think abuot different cultures and about africa but also jamaica how they used to live

    ReplyDelete